Tuesday Greens #58

by Becky Elmuccio on February 4, 2014

Tuesday Greens - Crafty Garden Mama

Welcome to Tuesday Greens #58! I just keep telling myself to “think spring.” But, with the first of 3 snow storms coming our way this week, I’m finding it a little more difficult to do. Who else is still shoveling? If anything, snow days have been affording us with some great cooking days. Fresh bread, big pots of soup and lots of chocolate croissants have all been made. I did a ton of batch cooking last week in order to give us a few weeks of just warming and eating dinner. It is a lifesaver with our busy schedules and Tomato is on an Applegate hot dogs and organic baked beans kick lately.

I love seeing what everyone else has been cooking too. Last week’s top posts were 7 Spices That Can Help You Lose Weight & Spice Up Your Life and The Road I Travel: My Healthy, Green and Natural Living Journey from Urban Naturale.

Photo courtesy of Urban Naturale

Photo courtesy of Urban Naturale

What’s everyone up to this week? Be sure to take a moment and see what each other is up to!

Annie February 4, 2014 at 12:18 am

We’re getting a snowstorm too, along with some chilly subzero temps. I need to do what you did and do a bunch of batch cooking while I’m stuck inside!

Vickie February 4, 2014 at 12:45 am

Good evening, Becky! Thanks for hosting! I got in pretty early, so I will come back tomorrow to read all of the wonderful posts!

Ally @ Om Nom Ally February 4, 2014 at 4:16 am

Thanks for hosting 😀 I always look forward to the link-up and have linked up two posts this week. Looking forward to seeing all the posts!

Barb @ A Life in Balance February 4, 2014 at 4:56 am

Thanks for hosting! Looking forward to reading the featured post about spices. I’m always in the mood for spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.

renee February 4, 2014 at 6:01 am

Becky,
Thanks for hosting! My new website is up and running and I’m glad to be back with my friends “linking up” with them!

I too am thinking spring–I just looked at the strawberries that we brought inside to “winter”. My thoughts keep going back to my tiny garden.

Have a warm day.

Lauren @ DC Healthy Bites February 4, 2014 at 6:26 am

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought I’d share a post about everyone’s favorite, chocolate! Sadly most people have never tasted REAL chocolate and raw cocoa from wild indigenous cacao is better for the environment and our health. Thanks for hosting!

Christine @ Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers February 4, 2014 at 8:52 am

Good morning, and thanks for hosting!
This week I’m sharing Pepperup Potion–great for stuffy noses, sinus headaches, and the “icky” feeling associated with colds and flu!
It’s a recipe I hope you never need! 🙂
~ Christine

Jo @ Jo's Health Corner February 4, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for hosting! Since so many seems to be sick right now I thought it was a good idea to share my Simple Home Remedies post.
Have a great week!

Yael from Home Garden Diggers February 4, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Thanks for a hostessing. After quite a break, I’m back to posting on my blog. Glad to reconnect with other gardeners. I’m hoping for Spring.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Deborah Davis February 4, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Hi Becky,
I am so thrilled that two of my post were featured this week! Wow, I am over the moon. Blogging is so special to me and it is so gratifying to be read and acknowledged. Thank you so much. Today I am sharing a healthy, whole food recipe made with fresh, organic ingredients: “Love and Pizza: Vegan Pizza Recipes that Satisfy My Soul”. All the best, Deb

Shelle @ PreparednessMama February 6, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Hi Becky, Thanks for hosting! We are expecting our first major storm of the season this weekend, snow and ice are headed to the Pacific NW. No whining though, we’ve had more sun than rain this winter. I shared my favorite all purpose citrus cleaner recipe.

Deborah Davis February 9, 2014 at 1:15 am

Hi Becky,
I am back again and sharing my “Pomegranate Power:An Antioxidant Rich Green Smoothie”. All the best, Deborah

Deborah Davis February 9, 2014 at 1:19 am