Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that help Crafty Garden Mama to grow.
Tomato loves to experiment in the kitchen and help me to find the perfect french toast recipe. This Maple Bacon French Toast has been a hit with us and as the weather gets chillier, it’s a great way to warm up a Sunday morning.
We have been making a concerted effort to reduce our food waste each week. So, when I bought a package of Applegate Farms Natural Sunday Bacon, we cooked it all at once and it became our meat to use up throughout the week. Adding it to scrambled eggs, guacomole and in chili are some quick ways to use up homemade bacon bits. But, by far, my favorite is in this french toast recipe. It’s also a great recipe in order to incorporate fresh fruit into a breakfast that is normally seen as a treat.
Maple Bacon French Toast
4 slices of white bread
3 organic eggs
Splash of Organic Whole Milk
1.5 cups of Organic Maple Syrup
1/2 cup of bacon bits
Organic strawberries and banana
1. In a medium sized saucepan, warm the maple syrup on medium (be careful not to boil).
2. As the maple syrup warms, whisk three eggs and the splash of milk. Add butter to another saucepan on medium heat.
3. Coat each slice of bread thoroughly in the egg mixture and each to the pan with the butter.
4. Drizzle bacon bits into maple syrup and stir to distribute evenly.
5. Flip the bread slices to cook evenly on each side.
6. Serve the french toast slices on a plate and pour the maple bacon syrup over top. Add organic fruit and enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this special weekend breakfast or use it to get the kids out the door for school with a full belly!
Do you make one batch of a type of meat to use during the week and if so how do you use it? Do you ever use them in a french toast recipe?