So, has the weather been driving any other gardeners batty this year? We’re having a tough time getting things in the ground for a number of reasons. A handyman needs to finish work on our garage, the rain, the heat, the cold, and of course, there is potty training going on. So, we’re a little slow this year, and it’s been a struggle for me. I want it all done and all done perfectly, but I keep hearing my yoga teacher’s voice in my head saying that I can only worry about what is happening right now, not what may happen. And I am struggling with that. We tackled a whole bunch in the yard this weekend and I wish I could show you, but I was in such a zone, that I didn’t take any pictures. Silly blogger! So, instead, here’s what I did:
- Trimmed the hedges – with an old-fashioned clipper – my arms are now buff and sore
- Raked out all leaves under the hedges
- Shook my fist at the rabbits who are noshing on my new flowers from Glick’s
- Talked out yard plans with DH
- Mowed the lawn and did the weed whacker in the front (the back is on this week’s list)
- Weeded behind our garage and laid down Easy Gardener WeedBlock Biodegradable Paper Mulch in an effort to knock out the weeds so that Tomato can play
- Researched more organic soil options so that we can continue to garden safely and in a healthy manner
- Had a conversation with the birds about the impending arrival of the blueberries. I am pretty sure the robin gave me the stink eye.
So, what are you tackling in your yards?
Last week’s top post was from A Life Unprocessed. Mellow shared some tips about getting chlorine out of tap water, so be sure to check out her post!
I look forward to checking out what folks have to offer this week. Have a great week in your gardens and kitchens!