Welcome to Tuesday Greens #20! Last week, I spoke about laying out my garden and today, I am thinking about what to grow and what varieties I would like to grow this year. I am excited to begin perusing the catalogs and looking online. I anticipate using heirlooms again this year and I have some great organic seed companies from which to order. I don’t seed start. We haven’t the space or the time at this point in life, so tomatoes, peppers and eggplants will all be purchased as plantlings again. Longview’s Locavore Challenge has asked us to share our garden plans this year. So, please do so with the #locavorechallenge on Twitter and Instagram and share what you are planning. Below are my top six favorite resources for ordering seeds and buying plants:
1) High Mowing Seeds – I purchase the majority of my seeds here.
2) Terrain – They offer lovely organic plantlings around Mother’s Day.
3) Seeds of Change – I love that these are available at local supermarkets as well as online.
5) Renee’s Garden – I am looking at this catalog this year in order to plan my flower beds.
6) Happy Cat Organics – We got our onion and potato sets from Tim last year and we love that we can find local and organic seed options with them.
Where are you sourcing your seeds this year? Do you save seeds? I look forward to reading everyone’s posts this week. Enjoy your day!!
Today I am sharing on: Homestead Barn Hop, Homestead Hop, Natural Living Monday, My Green Living Monday, Tuesday Garden Party, Garden Party, Living Green Tuesday, Country Homemaker Hop, Gathering Spot, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Outdoor Wednesday, Seasonal Celebration Wednesday, Homemaking Blog Hop, Down Home Hop, Home and Garden Thursday, Live Renewed Blog Hop, Simple Living Link Up, Homeacre Hop, Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop, Simply Natural Saturday, Motivation Monday.