If trying to find green alternatives to your everyday household products is one of your New Year’s Resolutions, then Ology is worth a try. Ology is the new green line from Walgreens, which is also available at Duane Reade. Our neighborhood Walgreens all have it available on their shelves. The containers are made from 100% post consumer materials and the products are not tested on animals. The line is endorsed by Healthy Child, Healthy World, of which I am part of their blogger network. The line includes the following:
1) Baby Lotion
2) Baby 2-in-1 Body Wash
3) Laundry Detergent
4) Liquid Fabric Softener
5) Shampoo and Conditioner in a variety of scents
6) All Purpose Cleaner
7) Glass Cleaner – We had the chance to try this out and it was great. There were no streaks and there was no “cleaner” smell. It is free of dyes and ammonia, contains no harsh solvents and I felt comfortable cleaning our doors and windows with my little one tagging along.
8) Facial Tissues – These have been used greatly in our house as we have been battling through head colds. They are not too harsh on your nose and are made from sugar cane husk and bamboo, which are renewable resources. I also liked that they are biodegradable. It’s nice to have a green tissue option that doesn’t leave my nose feeling raw.
9) Paper Towels – While we do not use a lot of paper towels in our house, I liked using these since they are made of renewable resources just like the tissues above. They mop up spills very well! Another green feature of these is that they are whitened with H2O2, a non-chorine based bleach.
10) Bath Tissue – Finally, a green friendly toilet tissue that doesn’t feel like you are using sandpaper!! This might be my favorite find of the group. Much like the tissues and paper towels, they are treated with H2O2 and are made of sugar cane husk and bamboo.
11) 100% Tree Free Printer Paper
12) A variety of CFL light bulbs
Overall, I was very pleased with the Ology line and it’s nice to have a green line available at the corner pharmacy. It makes being green easier when you want to condense your errands and it is nice to see national chains like Walgreens responding to consumer desires for eco-friendly products.
Have you tried this new line yet? If you have any New Year’s home or garden goals/resolutions, please feel free to link up in linky below.
Disclosure: I was provided with a Walgreens gift card with which to purchase Ology brand goods. My non-raw January nose and opinions are my own.