Acknowledging and Finishing Knitting UFOs

by Becky Elmuccio on January 23, 2013

My big knitting goal for 2013 is to finish any Unfinished Objects (or UFOs for the non-knitters). I have an array of UFOs that have accumulated over the years. One of the things that I have been working on is trying to finish what I have started with my house projects and craft projects. So, I am putting forth my UFO list for all to see in order to help me tick them off and get them done in 2013.

1. Setzer by Jared Flood – I have a hand dyed hank of wool from the Cooperstown Farmers’ Museum in a gorgeous purple for this.

2. Baby Yoda Sweater – This was intended for Tomato. Maybe it will be for a doll now.

3. Oolong Socks – I need to rip these out a restart them.4.

4. Tapestry Cowl – I started this in 2008. Yeah, 5 years ago.

5. Sample Afghan – This is my big goal for the year. I last touched it 4 years ago.

6. Minimalist Cardigan – This is my oldest one and the one featured above. 2007 was the last time this saw the light of day. Might be a full frogging.

I have a bunch of yarn purchased for specific projects that I have not even begun, but that is for another post. For now, I have seven in the batter’s box. Let’s see who hits a home run first.

Do you have any languishing craft projects that you want to tackle this year? If you have any crafting resolutions, feel free to link them up in the linky.

I am linking up with Yarn Along this week.

Bay @ Queen Mother Blog January 23, 2013 at 8:06 am

I don’t knit, but I do have a cross stitch UFO that I just pulled out yesterday…I was wondering how I could get it done. Good luck with your projects! 🙂

Becky Elmuccio January 29, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Thanks, you too!

Tina @ Life Without Pink January 23, 2013 at 8:59 am

I wish I knew how to knit…one of my bucket list items is to learn how to sew. Good luck with your projects, fun!

Becky Elmuccio January 29, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Thanks, Tina! Spool has some great classes to take in Philly to get you started in sewing.

Musings on Motherhood and Mid-Life January 23, 2013 at 9:23 am

Hi Becky,
I don’t knit, but have lots of crafts projects I’d like to do this year. I’d like to finish a scrapbook of baby pictures and create a decorative wall art piece for my daughter’s room.
Estelle

Becky Elmuccio January 29, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Baby picture book is on my list too!

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) January 23, 2013 at 11:12 am

Ha ha ha I totally did not know that term UFO. Cute. I have unfinished jewelry projects. I know your feeling.

Becky Elmuccio January 29, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I feel like I could use a weekend holed up by myself to get a bunch done.

Sarah Hughes January 23, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I just started the Calm Cowl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/calm-cowl

One day I will tackle the unfinished but I love starting new!!

Becky Elmuccio January 29, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I’ve been trying to be good at not looking at any new patterns to not get bitten by the starting bug again.

Paula January 23, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I need to get old projects finished too, that or give up on them and stop feeling guilty.

Becky Elmuccio January 29, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Yeah, it’s tough to acknowledge being done with a project and letting it go. Knitting has definitely helped me to be more comfortable with that.